Sunday, August 26, 2012

why i am doing this


I used to think that since "America is the greatest country in the world" that its citizens, and the nation as a whole, was capable of great things.  I truly did not see it as a holier-than-thou mentality.  I simply figured that since we have a seemingly endless amount of resources, we could use some of them to just generally make things better - society, the world, anything.  I really used to believe it when I would tell myself that society would get better.  I thought it definitely couldn’t get any worse...right?!?

HAHAHAAAAAA - isn't that just adorable???

I'm not sure exactly when I lost the rose-colored glasses (and by lost I mean some fucking asshole ripped them off my face because he thought he could eat them, and when he realized he couldn't he decided to smash them with his 85 lb foot because if they didn't make him happy, they weren't going to make anyone else happy either, dammit!), but optimism seems like such a distant memory that my best guess is probably around the age of 8.  Ever since then I have been grappling with the grim reality that things will not get better, and in fact they will always get worse – much, much worse beyond my wildest imagination.

There isn't even the slightest chance of improvement when we live in a society that aggressively promotes consumerism over consideration, and individual gain without individualism.  Randomly pick any one of these fat, selfish, humanlike cheese puffs out of the general public, and chances are you’ve got someone who would stab you in the back without even a second thought in exchange for even the possibility of the smallest personal gain…if only it didn't require getting up during an episode of the Kardashians and walking all the way to the kitchen to get the knife – that’s exhausting!  But teaching these twats any manners, humility, common sense, or ANY OTHER desirable trait can only be done via a baseball-bat inspired lesson.  After all, it's the only way to be heard over all the chewing...but apparently that’s “illegal.”  Boo hiss!  Thus I’ve recently found myself struggling to accept the sheer futility of our situation.  When I think about just how fucked we really are, I feel like I'm going to stroke out.  Obviously I need an outlet, and since violence is not an option, I'll try this.  We'll see how long this works until I start smelling toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment